Is CompleteCare Right for Your Company?
The Assessment Process
Utilizing a multi-step discovery and analysis process, we determine whether CompleteCare is the right option for your IT needs. Impact will learn the role of technology in your day-to-day business operations and gain an understanding of the current systems and IT pain points. If there is a good fit, we’ll begin an assessment.
This is a multifaceted process and the opportunity for Impact to gather detailed information that will help us propose the most appropriate solution for your network. We perform the following steps to complete an evaluation:
Step 1: Hands-On Review of Current Infrastructure Components
Inspect and document all hardware components of the potential client’s network.
Step 2: Detailed Q&A Interview
- Discuss the role that IT plays in performing core business functions with key employees (1-3 hour interview).
- Gather any / all information needed to complete the assessment, including login credentials, vendor info, pain points, work processes, etc.
Step 3: Network Device Discovery
- Deploy proprietary remote monitoring and management software onto the client’s server or main desktop PC and run a “network discovery”.
- Gather all operational, performance and security points within the asset topography. Uncover additional improvement opportunities that were missed by the hands-on review.
Step 4: Analyze Data Collected
Take the collected information back to the territory team and compile a detailed analysis of the infrastructure.
Step 5: Review Results with Client
- Meet and review data collected from both a technical and broader executive view.
- Discuss the current phase of the business on the technology roadmap.
- Outline immediate needs as well as long-term improvements.
- If necessary, prepare a remediation implementation plan to get the infrastructure compliant with the minimum requirements for the CompleteCare program.
Our goal is to make our client’s IT networks friendly for end users and easy to manage and maintain. If we get the go-ahead to move forward with the proposed plan discussed in the assessment, we’ll begin implementing improvements, creating network usage policies and implementing IT “best practice” standards. It takes these steps to create a secure, predictable and manageable network.
Step 1: Begin Remediation Projects
We require that each client’s network infra-structure meet a minimum set of requirements, including business class hardware with warranties and software/vendor support agreements, before they can become a managed IT client.
If necessary, Impact will begin the implementation of the immediate remediation projects upon approval. The projects will each have specific milestones and timelines outlined.
Step 2: Set Go-Live Date for Support
Keeping in line with any remediation projects, the team will set a go-live date for support.
Step 3: Onboard End Users
- Schedule client training session to teach end users how to request Impact support.
- Coordinate with the main point of contact to document key services and features, as well as issue reporting.
- Define company-specific issues to be monitored.
- Set up the client contact call tree outlining how Impact should react to key service interruption situations.
- Work with clients to define the maintenance windows and monthly patching strategy that works best for their business.
CompleteCare Assessment Documentation
The Impact team does extensive network discovery at the beginning of any client engagement.
The CompleteCare assessment includes a detailed map of your network – so whether you decided to go with us or not, you’ll have all the information you need to make an informed decision about your IT infrastructure. The report will include insight on your hardware data, configuration settings and photographs of the equipment and physical configuration.
Our team reports the status and health of all components based on the collected information through the discovery process.
All this aids us in creating a plan for improvement and helps our remote support staff understand the IT environment.
Each CompleteCare Assessment provides the following information:
- Detailed, customized assessment documents.
- Detailed reports that validate our findings.
- High level remediation and/or project plans.
- Before and after network diagrams.
- Patrick Layton
- Vice President, Managed IT Services
Vice President, Managed IT Services
Patrick Layton has been in the Information Technology industry for the past 16 years. Patrick has been with Impact Networking since 2014 and is responsible for revamping a “Break-Fix, T&M” IT services division into a true Full Service IT consultancy. After developing a plan to implement Managed IT services, Patrick has created various company and client goals that he plans to achieve, one in which is currently being surpassed by over $500,000.