vDesk - Workspace as a Service
Empower Your Workforce with Remote Desktop Access from Any Device
Access to your desktop – including all applications, software programs, saved files, etc. – from anywhere, on any device. Simply log in with your secure web browser, client or mobile app.
More Freedom and Flexibility for End Users; More Control for Businesses
vDesk is a virtual desktop in the cloud that users can access via a secure web browser, client or mobile app on any device. Once logged into the workspace, work as you always have, connecting to your desktop, applications, email and data.
vDesk Security Features
vDesk supports your disaster recovery plans by keeping your entire computing infrastructure safe in Tier IV data centers and readily available to all your employees from any computer anywhere.
Security with a 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
We maintain safe and secure data with a tiered security approach, redundant data backups, spam filtering, virus protection, intrusion detection/prevention, data theft protection and disaster recovery plan support. All applications are stored and backed up in our secure data centers.
- Multiple Tier III data centers.
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – Never lose more than one hour of data changes.
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO) – Be back online within four business hours in case of a regional disaster.
- Up to hourly full data backups.
- Continuous, secure out-of-state replication.
- Standby DR capacity to bring up a hot-site system.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to define policies to prevent unauthorized removal of data with personal devices, flash drives, external cloud storage or personal email.
Lower Overhead Technology Costs with BYOD Support
As more companies adopt a Bring Your Own Device policy, which permits employees to use personal devices for work purposes, the cloud becomes an essential tool for growth. With vDesk, companies avoid high overhead costs for hardware with virtual workspace login from any device. Also, when employee turnover occurs, simply turn off network access for that employee. There is no more worrying about retrieving expensive hardware or losing data stored on the device.
vDesk Desktop Virtualization on Any Connected Device
- Microsoft Windows
- MacOS X
- Google Chrome
- Flexible file storage capacities, based on user needs.
- Only 150 KB of data speed needed per end user.
- Supports cloud-ready versions of Microsoft Office 365 & G Suite.
- 256-bit AES encryption, in transit and at rest on the server.
- 2-factor authentication.
- Remote wipes of desktops and devices.
Private vs. Public Cloud
Impact vDesk can be deployed via public or private cloud, which we will help you evaluate based on your specific network requirements and business goals.
The public cloud option can be a cost-effective way to deploy desktop virtualization services that scale.
The private cloud is a dedicated virtual IT environment maintained solely by one organization. Depending on the resources that an organization needs, a private cloud option can offer additional flexibility, security and scalability for organizations who need more control over their environment, such as an independent network, Active Directory and firewall, encryption of data at rest and more.
Our team of IT experts will work with you to determine the best option for your network.
A Virtual Workspace Benefits Both the Company and Its Employees
- Increase ROI by getting rid of expensive and quickly depreciating equipment.
- Easily deploy standardized / optimized workspaces to certain departments or groups of employees.
- Mobilize your workforce and improve productivity by allowing employees to work from any location, any time, from any device.
- Onboard and off board employees immediately by easily cloning office environments.
- Experience minimal downtime or lost productivity with frequent snapshot backups, allowing for almost instant restoration.
- Improve network management efficiency with automated patching and centralized management.
- Patrick Layton
- Vice President, Managed IT Services
Vice President, Managed IT Services
Patrick Layton has been in the Information Technology industry for the past 16 years. Patrick has been with Impact Networking since 2014 and is responsible for revamping a “Break-Fix, T&M” IT services division into a true Full Service IT consultancy. After developing a plan to implement Managed IT services, Patrick has created various company and client goals that he plans to achieve, one in which is currently being surpassed by over $500,000.